[systemd-devel] Offtopic question.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:59:11 PST 2013

Hi,

sorry for the offtopic question here, but I do not know a better place for
it.

I'm building a lockmonitor. I thought that would be just as easy as with
the /proc/self/mountinfo "file".

But that is not the case. It's not pollable, like the mountinfo fle is.
I've looked into the code of the kernel, (fs/locks.c versus
fs/proc_namespace.c) and there it's abvious. The file_operations with the
locks file misses the .poll operation.

Now first howto implement this? Someone a hint?

The mountinfo poll function is related to changes in namespace, but for the
locks that is different I guess. That "changes" when a lock has been set or
released.

And by the way, isn't this locks file not namespace specific?

Stef