[systemd-devel] systemd-fstab-generator and multiple mounts to same mount point

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Jan 3 08:40:54 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM, John Lane <systemd at jelmail.com> wrote:
> Hello. Here is a patch to allow systemd to handle overmounts defined in
> /etc/fstab.
>
> https://raw.github.com/johnlane/archlinux-systemd/master/fstab-overmount.patch

Please use spaces rather than tabs ;-)

> It appends a suffix (an underscore followed by a number) to a mount unit
> file name when one already exists.

Hm, I didn't look carefully, but won't this break if you have a folder
named, say, "/mnt_1"? I suppose you could use some unused escape code
similarly to how '/' is encoded?

> This allows the mount unit file to be generated. The mount routine
> is modified to consider the
> suffix when checking that the mount point and unit file names match.

How are you making sure that the mounts are stacked in the right
order? You'd want to order mounts that are 'higher' in the stack
After= the mounts that are lower down (in the same way as home.mount
is now ordered After=-.mount).

> If I should submit this in some other way please let me know. Sorry I am not
> more familiar with your process.

Use 'git send-email', that way people can comment inline (and you
avoid linke-break problems that usually results from pasting the patch
into your email client).

Cheers,

Tom