[systemd-devel] sometimes systemd takes a very long time to restart service

JB general at itpsg.com
Fri Jan 4 12:40:18 PST 2013

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>> your process is forking as it should (as least on my machine).
>>>
>                    ^not (arghhh!)

Figured that's what you meant after reading your comments.

>> I'm using whatever comes with FC15.  According to the log it's
>> version 26 (RPM is 26-18)
>>
> Oh, this is really really old. Please retest with latest FC.

If only it were that simple.  Unfortunately using the latest FC is
simply not an option with this application.  It relies up on RTAI lxrt
userspace realtime computation system.  Currently RTAI only provides a
64-bit patch for 2.6.38.8 kernel. I've tried running that kernel on FC17
and FC16 without success so I need to make this work.