[systemd-devel] RFC: Predictable Network Interface Names

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jan 7 13:48:02 PST 2013

Heya,

a few days ago Kay commited a change to git that made predictable
network interface names the default for the upcoming systemd/udev
197. To explain what this is about we put together this wiki document:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames

Please have a look, it's a first version, so might grow a bit in the
next days, but should already be quite complete. It's supposed to explain
the Why? and the How-do-I-get-rid-of-this? among other things.

Anyway, comments welcome,

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.