[systemd-devel] RFC: Predictable Network Interface Names

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jan 8 10:27:47 PST 2013

On Tue, 08.01.13 12:19, Ian Pilcher (arequipeno at gmail.com) wrote:

> On 01/07/2013 03:48 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > Anyway, comments welcome,
>
> Will there still be a way to turn this off from the kernel command line?
> (I don't see anything on the wiki page.)

biosdevname had this, and we have been thinking of adding this for this
too, but so far it doesn't exist. I have now added this to the TODO list
so that we don't forget.

> This is nice to avoid having unwanted udev rules created during the
> first boot of a newly installed system.

Well, this new scheme will not create any rules anyway. In fact this is
one of the benefits of it. Please have anyother look at what we are
proposing! ;-)

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.