[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] TODO

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jan 11 03:23:41 PST 2013

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 10/01/13 19:29 did gyre and gimble:
> On Thu, 10.01.13 21:06, Andrey Borzenkov (arvidjaar at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> В Thu, 10 Jan 2013 03:30:53 +0100
>> Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek at in.waw.pl> пишет:

>>> Shouldn't just make-man-index.py be tweaked to generate .xml instead
>>> (like make-directive-index.py) ?
>>>

>> zshall(1) does not actually "lists all of zsh's man pages". This is
>> what zsh(1) does. zshall(1) actually includes all of zsh man pages,
>> making it one bug large man page similar to bash.
>>
>> List of all zsh's man pages appears on top of zshall(1) simply because
>> it includes zsh(1) as well :)
>
> Uh, ah. I prefer having systemdall however as an index only. Not really
> convinced such a merged page makes much sense for us.

As Tollef said it can be quite useful. I often find myself
half-remembering a directive and then going through each of systemd.unit
systemd.service and systemd.exec trying to find it each time with
variations on the name in case I'm remembering it slightly wrong.

An index is useful but a single man page with everything in it what I
can grep is really useful at times.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie