[systemd-devel] SSL for gatewayd

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Wed Jan 16 12:55:43 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 09:33:22PM +0100, Holger Winkelmann wrote:
> Can't speak from person experience, but my team has worked with the libevent and
> libev libraries which contain http libraries as well.
IIUC, libev uses libevent code for HTTP through a compatibility
layer. libevent has only very basic functionality. E.g. I couldn't
see a mention of POST requests anywhere. libmicrohttpd at least
abstracts this to the point where I only have to provide a callback
to consume buffers with data.

Also, libevent/libev are about abstracting event loops. Since journald
is linux only, this extra abstraction layer is not very useful.

>  libevent http library is linked to openssl.
Are you saying that openssl is better?

Zbyszek