[systemd-devel] multiseat broken with udl.ko - Fedora 18

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Jan 18 10:23:45 PST 2013

On Fri, 18.01.13 16:57, poma (pomidorabelisima at gmail.com) wrote:

> Bonne journée,
>
> If brackets can be of any help.
> Lennart, have you tested this *new* Fedora's setup, or is this some kind
> of zen puzzle?
>
> Once upon a time, Fedora 17
> # CONFIG_DRM_UDL is not set
> CONFIG_FB_UDL=m
> multi-seat-x with udlfb.ko(DisplayLink kernel framebuffer driver) worked
> like a charm.
>
> Present time, Fedora 18
> CONFIG_DRM_UDL=m
> # CONFIG_FB_UDL is not set
> multi-seat-x with udl.ko is broken.

There have been some changes since the display link driver now is a
proper dri driver. We had tested that a while ago and there were some
issues but I thought they had all been fixed. I haven't tested this in
the 2 months or so since then.

Your bug report isn't too precise, can you elaborate?

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.