[systemd-devel] multiseat broken with udl.ko - Fedora 18

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jan 22 19:16:52 PST 2013

On Sat, 19.01.13 04:24, poma (pomidorabelisima at gmail.com) wrote:

> On 01/18/2013 07:23 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > On Fri, 18.01.13 16:57, poma (pomidorabelisima at gmail.com) wrote:
> >

> >> Bonne journée,
> >>
> >> If brackets can be of any help.
> >> Lennart, have you tested this *new* Fedora's setup, or is this some kind
> >> of zen puzzle?
> >>
> >> Once upon a time, Fedora 17
> >> # CONFIG_DRM_UDL is not set
> >> CONFIG_FB_UDL=m
> >> multi-seat-x with udlfb.ko(DisplayLink kernel framebuffer driver) worked
> >> like a charm.
> >>
> >> Present time, Fedora 18
> >> CONFIG_DRM_UDL=m
> >> # CONFIG_FB_UDL is not set
> >> multi-seat-x with udl.ko is broken.
> >
> > There have been some changes since the display link driver now is a
> > proper dri driver. We had tested that a while ago and there were some
> > issues but I thought they had all been fixed. I haven't tested this in
> > the 2 months or so since then.
>
> This sounds like something that was not a priority. Am I right?
> Yeah, I understand that udl supersede and "…is based in large parts on
> udlfb.c…"(Dave Airlie).

We have a lot of stuff to do, and only limited work time. This stuff is
as much a priority as most other stuff we work on -- or as little, if you
will.

It's open source. If this matters and is urgent to you best way is
usually to work on it yourself, otherwise you have to accept that people
will work according to their own work schedules.

Sorry if that's disappointing.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.