[systemd-devel] [Patch] NumLock setting from vconsole.conf

Matthias Berndt matthias_berndt at gmx.de
Thu Jan 31 04:26:58 PST 2013

Hi,

It has bothered me for some time that vconsole.conf doesn't offer a setting to
boot with NumLock enabled. With the patch in the attachment you can put
NUM_LOCK=y in vconsole.conf (or vconsole.num_lock=y on the kernel command
line) and it'll do the right thing. SCROLL_LOCK, CAPS_LOCK,
vconsole.scroll_lock and vconsole.caps_lock work correspondingly. I'm not sure
how useful that is especially for CapsLock, but it felt incomplete without
that and was easy to implement, so meh.

Comments welcome
Cheers
Matthias