[systemd-devel] journald and kernel logging

Tomasz Sobczyk dottomi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 05:41:34 PDT 2013

Hmm, it might be my system configuration or a kernel bug, not systemd.
The thing is that kernel messages instead of being outputted to
/dev/console are outputted to the currently active VT.

I use metalog as the syslog and when it's run, these messages aren't
outputted to the VT. I saw that journald reads kernel messages and
stores them in its logs, so I was wondering whether it's supposed to
intercept/block that output like syslogs or not.