[systemd-devel] kmod-static-nodes.service doesn't care about udev?

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Jul 12 11:16:59 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 12.07.13 09:28, Oleksii Shevchuk (alxchk at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Latest innovation with kmod-static-nodes.service introduce next issues with
>>
>> 1. default distro paths
>> 2. interacting with rest configuration
>>
>> So, what is the problem.
>>
>> kmod-static-nodes.service.in:
>>
>> ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/mkdir -p /run/tmpfiles.d
>
> Hmm, why do we need this at all?

We want to be able to install systemd-tmpfiles configuration files to
/run before running systemd-tmpfiles, so the folder must be created
manually (unless we want to do this special-case explicitly somewhere
else?).

FWIW, this is what happens:

mkdir -p /run/tmpfiles.d
kmod static-nodes --format=tmpfiles --output=/run/tmpfiles.d/kmod.conf
systemd-tmpfiles --prefix=/dev --create

> Where the service file located?

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/units/kmod-static-nodes.service.in

-t