[systemd-devel] kmod-static-nodes.service doesn't care about udev?

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Jul 12 11:37:39 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek at in.waw.pl> wrote:
> I see another problem: in a container, this unit fails with:
> # /usr/bin/kmod static-nodes --format=tmpfiles --output=/run/tmpfiles.d/kmod.conf
> Error: could not open /lib/modules/3.9.6-301.fc19.x86_64/modules.devname - No such file or directory
> There was no requirement to have the kernel installation available before,
> and it'd be stupid to add it just for that.

Except for the failed unit, this doesn't cause any other problems,
right? It used to be that the missing modules.devname file would be
silently ignored. I guess we could go back to doing that.

We just have to decide if we should ignore the error in kmod or just
in the unit file. I'm tempted to make the change in kmod, so that if
no kernel is found it does nothing and returns success. Thoughts?

Cheers,

Tom