[systemd-devel] Broken build and CI strategy

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun Jul 14 22:40:23 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 01:52:49PM -0700, David Strauss wrote:

Good Morning,

> I can't enable global "make check" of systemd builds in CI until we
> fix the TTY dependency or I do research on how to run the tests with
> TTY support within Jenkins. Personally, I'd rather see the checks
> improved to not require a TTY or to provide the wrapping TTY for the
> necessary tests. I have agreed in anther email exchange to look into
> enabling specific "make check"s that don't require TTY. I keep the
> dummy "make test" as a reminder that we really ought to be automating
> post-build tests.

Well, I don't know about this depedency but if it is really a matter
of having a TTY, did you consider using the 'Nodes' support of Jenkins
and then SSH into the node?

> I'm also happy to delegate more access to the CI box if others would
> like to improve the test integration. I'd like to throw in more static
> analysis, too.

Maybe do "echo 'Not running tests as they always fail in this setup.'"
is better? There were several fanboys sending me private mail claiming
that the tests were run because of the 'make test'.