[systemd-devel] runtime directories for services vs. tmpfiles

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Jul 16 09:42:28 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek at in.waw.pl> wrote:
> Hm, can we take a step back for a moment? It seems that the rpm macros
> are a fairly complicated solution, and they also don't carry over into
> debian or arch. User mode sessions also will not work with rpm macros.

For what it is worth we have been calling "systemd-tmpfiles --create
$pkgname.conf" in post-install for a long time in Arch (since the
beginning I think), and it doesn't seem to be a big problem. However,
if you have some idea for simplifying it somehow, I'd be all for that
of course :-)

Maybe establish an implicit link between foo.service and
tmpfiles.d/foo.conf, which would allow calling systemd-tmpfiles
--create/--clean before/after start/stop? Not sure if it is really
worth it, and not sure there won't be regressions though...

-t