[systemd-devel] I caught a something wrong when I analyzed a systemd on my board by systemd-analyze plot

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 24 05:30:07 PDT 2013

'Twas brillig, and Tony Seo at 24/07/13 01:57 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello.
>
> I had analyzed my systemd by using systemd-analyze plot.
>
> But I caught a something wrong related with boot sequence time.
>
> After I started my board, I checked the first boot image about 8 sec.

What do you use to determine that the system has finished booting? Is it
just the fact you can log in?

> But the plot resulted by systemd-analyze plot showed that it took about
> 1min 30s to complete all system unit.
>
> I was confused how to understand between plot result and physical screen
> out.

Just because you are able to login, does not mean the system has
finished booting.

e.g. on my machine, I have NFS mount points configured. This requires
the network to be "up" before these can be mounted.

But my user login does not depend on these mount points (they are marked
as "nofail" in fstab) and thus I can login happily before this has
happened. The system is still "booting" but I can login happily.

Does explain your confusion?

Perhaps posting a link to your plot svg would be useful?

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie