[systemd-devel] Error handling problems with systemd-machined

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jul 24 08:03:09 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 02:36:44PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 02:13:30PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > I'm working on integrating libvirt with systemd-machined for cgroups
> > setup and hitting a number of problems
>
> A further discovery - if I pass "MemoryAccounting=yes" as a scope
> property, then the process gets immediately killed by the OOM
> killer

[snip]

> It looks like when passing MemoryAccount=yes, then systemd is accidentally
> initializing the cgroup memory limit to 0 kb, with obvious results.

It can be reproduced with simple '.slice' units defined outside of
systemd-machined too

# cat /etc/systemd/system/machine-demo.slice
[Unit]
Description=Demo slice

[Slice]
CPUAccounting=yes
MemoryAccounting=yes

# systemctl start machine-demo.slice

# cat /sys/fs/cgroup/memory/machine.slice/machine-demo.slice/memory.limit_in_bytes
0

Regards,
Daniel