[systemd-devel] [PATCH] man: Add a note about what environment variables are available by default.
kay at vrfy.org
Fri Jul 26 10:00:59 PDT 2013
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Kay Sievers <kay at vrfy.org> wrote:
>> cat /proc/$(pidof systemd-logind)/environ
> What's currently done for environment variables and the rules how they
> are passed-on is not obvious and quite a mess that needs fixing. I'll
> look into it now ...
This made a couple of things less magic:
For --system we export the following to the forked children:
- do not pass _any_ of the original env
- always statically set: PATH= to the usual suspects
- add the stuff from DefaultEnvironment=
- add the stuff from the kernel cmdline systemd.setenv=
For --user we inherit _everything_ from the parent and pass everything
to the children.
In both cases:
- if we have a user UID, we add LOGNAME=, USER=, HOME=
- if we have a terminal connected we add TERM=
More information about the systemd-devel