[systemd-devel] /etc/systemd/system/darkice.service

Kai Hendry hendry at iki.fi
Sun Jul 28 02:06:56 PDT 2013

On 26 July 2013 04:17, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> We generally generate warnings about invalid lines and proceed. Aftre we
> parsed everything we then do a couple of checks whether a unit still
> makes sense with the stuff that was correctly parsed, and only if the
> unit does't pass that check we will fail it.

I managed to see a "foobar.service lacks ExecStart setting. Refusing."
if I put ExecStart under [Unit] but if I do something like put
Description under [Service] I don't get a warning.

Maybe it's just me that finds it hard to know which stanzas belong
under which heading.

Is there a Unit validator?

> Does it work if you run it from the command line?

Oh I figured it out
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-July/012250.html

> They usually use exponentially increasing intervals, to avoid flooding.

Despite what's said here on
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/NetworkTarget/ I do
think it might be handy if there was a simple (systemd provided) API
to know whether we're online or not (in the 8.8.8.8 sense).

Thanks for your help. I think I got where I wanted to with
pingtest.service. However the naming of my USB mic issue as mentioned
at the bottom of
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-July/012292.html
is still an issue for me.

Darkice daemon assumes network and the hw:1,0 (as defined in my
/etc/darkice.cfg) device else it bombs out.

Can systemd instead perhaps check for hw:1,0 instead for the crazy
long device name that changes depending on what port is plugged into?

Thanks again,