[systemd-devel] .automount from user?

David Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Tue Jul 30 13:06:17 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM,  <rektide at voodoowarez.com> wrote:
> Hello.  I'm curious, and perhaps maybe lazy: is there any way to do automount units from a user
> systemd instance?

I don't think this is possible given the security model around
automount. Specifically, the automount needs to associate with a mount
unit to invoke the "mount" command as root.

It would seem possible to use it with a new UID namespace, but such
capability is very new and disabled in kernels like Fedora's. You
could also just treat FUSE mounts as normal services in the user
account.

--
David Strauss