[systemd-devel] systemd-cgroups-agent failed to get dbus connection

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Jun 6 06:01:07 PDT 2013

On Tue, 07.05.13 09:31, Ross Lagerwall (rosslagerwall at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed sometimes during shutdown, the following message appears
> on screen twice:
> systemd-cgroups-agent failed to get dbus connection: failed to connect
> to socket /org/freedesktop/systemd/private connection refused
>
> The following may be relevant from the logs:
> May 07 09:13:05 hobo login[223]: pam_unix(login:session): session closed
> for user ross
> May 07 09:13:05 hobo login[223]: pam_systemd(login:session): Failed to
> connect to system bus: Did not reply. Possible causes include: the
> remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
> blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection
> was broken.
> May 07 09:13:05 hobo systemd[1]: Stopped Getty on tty1.
>
> Seems harmless enough, but there could be some sort of bug here.

This happens if the cgroup agent is called after dbus is already
down. This shouldn't be much of a problem though, as this later during
shutdown the events generated by the agent shouldn't matter anymore. I
have added a TODO list item now, to make sure we downgrade the error you
saw.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.