[systemd-devel] implementation status of http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec/ ?

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Jun 11 14:46:33 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-11 at 17:14 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

> The question I had looking at this is: what determines the ordering?  I
> guess it's intended to be the version field, but what if I have both
> Debian and Fedora installed, the default comes down to whichever has a
> newer kernel?

Ah I'm blind, that's listed in "out of focus".  So it seems we'll have
to keep around the "native" config files like syslinux.conf for defaults
at least.  That's potentially awkward if one tries to go the route of
generating bootloader configs, since then you have a situation where a
file is only partially generated.  But the fix for that I guess is to
have the bootloaders parse /boot/loader/entries at runtime.