[systemd-devel] start/stop messages when activating a target?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jun 12 04:39:00 PDT 2013

[ Please try to avoid top posting and HTML emails if possible!]

'Twas brillig, and Umut Tezduyar at 12/06/13 07:39 did gyre and gimble:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 5:02 AM, Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com
> <mailto:arvidjaar at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     В Wed, 12 Jun 2013 01:32:37 +0200
>     Michael Olbrich <m.olbrich at pengutronix.de
>     <mailto:m.olbrich at pengutronix.de>> пишет:
>
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > When booting or during shutdown systemd prints the start stop
>     messages for
>     > the services. Is it possible to get those messages when activating
>     a target
>     > with systemctl?
>     >

>     systemctl already prints status of job unless called with --no-block.
>     Do you want additional status messages on console?

> Same thing with isolating a target. Job statuses are not printed out on
> the console and it would be great to see what is being stopped/started
> at which order for debugging.

This was discussed very recently on this list, but I forget the exact
message. Lennart thought it would be tricky due to the async nature, but
with the standard --no-block behaviour I think this could be achievable
(and very useful).

See this thread.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.systemd.devel/10880/focus=11081

--