[systemd-devel] We are working on trying to scale up to > 1000 containers.

David Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Tue Jun 18 14:17:37 PDT 2013

We have machines with thousands of containers on them. The key for us
was understanding that we didn't need thousands of containers to run
after start-up; we needed thousands of containers to be *accessible*
after start-up. The vast majority of our containers use socket
activation or "resurrection" (a sort of
try-to-do-something-and-start-the-corresponding-service-on-failure
path we use).

That said, I'd be interested in allowing caps on parallelism in systemd.