[systemd-devel] Patch for Smack labelling support in udev

Reshetova, Elena elena.reshetova at intel.com
Wed Jun 19 05:09:07 PDT 2013

wrote:

>>> So, this needs some HAVE_SMACK ifdeffery at least.
>>>
>>> That said, I wonder if we should instead make this a generic
>>> XATTR{foobar}="waldo" thing. Kay?
>>>

>> Any update for this? if we use SMACK for udev, it requires it.

>Lennart's suggestion seems more than reasonable - it would make it generic
enough to do:

>   XATTR{security.SMACK64}="label"

>which I think is all we need here. Elena, do you need help respinning this?

Sorry for the silence, it seems like I totally missed these replies (got
buried in my mailbox)!

Sure, I can make a change, but I am not exactly sure what you mean by this:
" XATTR{security.SMACK64}="label"". Adding simple HAVE_SMACK ifdeffery is
easy, but the later part I didn't really understand.
If it is just longer to explain it to me, Auke, you can go ahead and make a
change and I will just learn from  looking into it :) Unfortunately, I don't
know systemd code well enough.

Best Regards,
Elena.