[systemd-devel] Cannot add dependency job for unit... Cannot allocate memory

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Mar 1 05:57:47 PST 2013

On Thu, 21.02.13 09:48, Anthony Messina (amessina at messinet.com) wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, so please direct me to the
> proper list if it's not.  And byt the way, THANK YOU for systemd!  The more I
> read and try, the simpler my systems get.
>
> Anyway, I'm writing due to an issue I'm seeing on a few of my Fedora 18
> machines after I've created a unit file for instantiation that will acquire
> Kerberos tickets for user-based services such as apache and mythtv, etc. to
> access NFSv4.1 filesystems.  Any assistance would be appreciated, especially
> with pointers on improving the unit file itself.  I have attached the dmesg
> output after booting with "systemd.log_level=debug systemd.log_target=kmsg"
>
> Thanks in advance -A
>
> I am intermittently running into the error:
> "Cannot add dependency job for unit k5start at mythtv.service, ignoring: Unit
> k5start at mythtv.service failed to load: Cannot allocate memory. See system logs
> and 'systemctl status k5start at mythtv.service'
>  for details."

Heya, this appears to be a problem with a specifier used in this unit
file. Something is using those %x %y %z specifiers in strings they
shouldn't be used. I have now commited a fix to git, to make the error
message about this more useful and not claim it was an OOM situation.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.