[systemd-devel] systemd kiosk volatile $HOME

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 05:00:23 PST 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Mirco Tischler <mt-ml at gmx.de> wrote:
> 2013/3/5 <systemdkiosk at yopmail.com>
>>
>> Thank you Lennart. I wonder how your tip compares to our result? Our
>> method employs getty.target and local-fs.target. It works but we prefer
>> the Right Thing (tm). Would systemd-user-sessions.service be better for
>> any reason? Here's our unit as it sits. Thanks for your input.
>>
>> # /etc/systemd/system/ramhome-setup.service
>>
>> [Unit]
>> Description=Populate RAM user files from persistent store
>> After=local-fs.target
>>
>> [Service]
>> Type=oneshot
>> ExecStart=/usr/bin/rsync --archive /home/ramhome/ /ramhome
>> RemainAfterExit=no
>>
>> [Install]
>> RequiredBy=getty.target
>>
> After=local-fs.target is not needed, as this is implied in the default
> dependencies.
>
> Ordering against getty.target seems wrong,

There is no ordering against getty.target. For ordering you need
After/Before. not Requires. Also it probably should be WantedBy.
RequiredBy implies that getty.target is stopped if this unit is
stopped. But as this unit is oneshot and RemainAfterExit=no, it is
stopped immediately after rsync has finished - so, getty.target should
be stopped as well?