[systemd-devel] Python wrappers for the DBus API

Holger Winkelmann hw at travelping.com
Tue Mar 5 13:00:11 PST 2013

Hi David,

On Mar 5, 2013, at 9:52 PM, David Strauss <david at davidstrauss.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 11:16 PM, Holger Winkelmann <hw at travelping.com> wrote:
>> Or is there a special journal socket to write to?
>
> Yes, and the Python module's use of the C library wraps all of that.
>
> Auke is also correct that you can write to stderr/stdout from a
> service running in systemd. That does not support structured logging,
> though.

Thats what I expected anyway, so for our logging purposes I would like to have structured
logging…

So thanks for the Info, I'll wait for the Documentation of the raw format (or we check the C
implementation) for the time being we use the C-Lib.

--
Holger Winkelmann
Managing Director

email: hw at travelping.com
phone: +49-391-819099-223
mobil: +49-171-5594745 (DE)

------------------ managed broadband access ------------------

Travelping GmbH               phone:           +49-391-8190990
Roentgenstr. 13               fax:           +49-391-819099299
D-39108 Magdeburg             email:       info at travelping.com
GERMANY                       web:   http://www.travelping.com

Company Registration: Amtsgericht Stendal Reg No.:   HRB 10578
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Holger Winkelmann | VAT ID No.: DE236673780