[systemd-devel] switch-root and local-fs.target

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Mar 12 02:11:11 PDT 2013

On Mar 12, 2013 6:05 PM, "Harald Hoyer" <harald.hoyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have a big problem now with local-fs.target in the
initrd-switch-root.target
> now. Because local-fs.target is active now after
serialization/deserialization,
> the whole boot process after the switch-root is screwed. All units
depending on
> local-fs.target are started now immediately!!
>
> Solutions I can think of is:
> - not to serialize the targets as we do with the jobs now
> - set all targets to TARGET_DEAD on switch_root

Hm, good catch. Sorry for not noticing this. Shouldn't this be a bug in
isolate? If isolating a target causes a service to be started and the
target is After the service, it seems intuitive that the target should be
DEAD until the service is started?

Cheers,

Tom