[systemd-devel] timer unit doesn't fire again if service takes too long

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Wed Mar 13 17:57:10 PDT 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:47:32AM +0200, Albert Strasheim wrote:
> Hello all
>
> We have some systems running systemd-37-25.fc16.x86_64.
>
> We have an issue where a timer unit doesn't fire again if its service
> runs for too long.
For the sake of mailing list archives:
this is not fixed yet, but the problem is known and has been added to the TODO:

 * timer logic is confused by units which are skipped due to failing condition
   http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-February/008816.html

 * timer logic is also confused if a service it triggers hasn't
   finished when the next timer elapses:
   http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-February/009021.html

Zbyszek