[systemd-devel] Enlightenment and systemd user session.

Cedric BAIL cedric.bail at free.fr
Mon Mar 18 18:18:55 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:33 AM, Kok, Auke-jan H
<auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM, Cedric BAIL <cedric.bail at free.fr> wrote:
>>    As both of those process start visible application that should not
>> be killed on a restart of the initialization daemon carelessly, they
>> do have the same issue as Enlightenment.
>>
>>    Something that would be nice is if we could instruct systemd about
>> those child process somehow. Even better would be, if possible, a
>> library to share the cgroup and all that infrastructure that systemd
>> use when setting up a process before doing exec. That could have a
>> simple API with just one function that could receive a token coming
>> from a .desktop or something like that. Just a thought.
>
> We can solve this by implementing a generator that can handle
> traditional .desktop files and treat them as "oneshot" services, and
> then asking systemd to start them by either DBus or just using
> `systemctl`.

That would solve the problem for Enlightenment. I guess it will be
easy to detect that it was started by systemd user session and just
use systemctl or a function call provided by systemd library to start
the application, but that doesn't solve the case of both preload
daemon.
--
Cedric BAIL