[systemd-devel] Automatic multi-seat HP T100 zero client

Matthew Cox m.cox99 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 17:51:44 PDT 2013

I'm trying to get HP T100s to work for a multiseat configuration. I
was unable to find the hardware IDs in the database files and believe
that may fix the issue. Currently maintained are the Plugable usb
hwid's. One includes the DL-125 chipset, which is the same chipset the
HP T100 uses. HP T100's DisplayLink HWID (based on the samples I have)
are 17e9:030b attached to USB root hub of "Standard Microsystems Corp.
USB 2.0 Hub" with HWID 0424:2514. Can these be added in the same
manner as the Plugabe 125 to allow for automatic multiseat?

Current system I'm testing on:
OpenSUSE 12.3 64-bit (up to date with all default repositories)
systemd version 195-13.11.1
xorg-x11-server 7.6_1.13.2-1.2.1

Plugging in HP T100 yields a green video display, but no new login
session spawned.
I may be having other issues too with x11 spawning a new session,
because assigning the device manually via "loginctl attach seat1
/sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1.6" and restarting still does not yield a
login prompt at that seat. [I have confirmed that the seat stays
persistent by getting the seat-status.] Does anyone know the minimum
version of X required to be fully udev aware for automatic multiseat?

Matt Cox