[systemd-devel] Automatic multi-seat HP T100 zero client

Matthew Cox m.cox99 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 12:00:54 PDT 2013

Gotcha. I had saw that file before and tried copying and adding a
similar section as the MIMO detection already, but apparently I did
something wrong. I am now able to get it to create a new seat by using
just the PID/VID of the USB hub by adding into 71-seat.rules:
# HP T100
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0424" , ATTR{idProduct}=="2514",
ENV{ID_AUTOSEAT}="1"

I totally understand not wanting to add a generic USB hub into the
defaults, but for my purposes this should work well. So thank you for
your help! :)

Back to my second question: I am still not getting a spawned login
manager on the hub, and I'm guessing it's because my X11 version (
xorg-x11-server 7.6_1.13.2-1.2.1 , from OpenSUSE 12.3 64-bit repos )
isn't new enough to listen to the Udev requests. Can anyone confirm
what version those changes occurred? This system does not seem to have
the multiseat-X-wrapper to force it (systemd version 195-13.11.1).