[systemd-devel] [HEADSUP] libsystemd-bus + kdbus plans

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Thu Mar 21 05:24:54 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:49 AM, Maksim Melnikau <maxposedon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> We
>> also keep the app and OS containers in mind, right from the beginning,
>> i.e. that we can easily apply extra app policy on a bus for specific
>> processes and that we can virtualize the bus for an OS container.
>
> Will it be possible to use this bus, as IPC between containers and host? Or
> AF_INET-based protocols will continue to be the best option?

Nobody knows anything at this point. The buses, the PID1 of containers
will be somehow enumeratable and accssible from the host, but how that
will change any sort of communication is not thought through at all.
We will see when we get there, there is a *lot* of other stuff to
solve before we will arrive at that point.

Kay