[systemd-devel] bootchart issues on slow hardware

Kok, Auke-jan H auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com
Fri Mar 22 15:28:08 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Holger Winkelmann [TP]
<hw at travelping.com> wrote:
> You are right, hopefully systemd will not turn into a direction
> where only the ulra modern notebook or desktop can use it.
> we see a lot of advantages to use systemd in embedded environments.
> and we are talking here about_
>
> - 180-680 MHh MIPS, ARM CPUs
> - 4-32 MB Flash
> - 32-128MB RAM
>
> at the low end. Thos devices should be able to run systemd in the
> same way as other init systems.

Actually, FLASH behaves like SSD's here, so please keep in mind that
we're talking about readahead performance issues on ROTATIONAL media
only.

Any sort of flash benefits exactly in the same way from readahead, and
there should not be a performance issue with it.

Auke