[systemd-devel] Optimizing systemd binaries for small deployments

Tino Breddin tbreddin at tpip.net
Wed Mar 27 03:49:44 PDT 2013

Hi there,

We are in the process of creating a very small image for devices with a maximum of 4MB flash. Compared to a SysV variant which clocks in at ~1MB using Systemd
we are currently getting images sizes of ~10MB. At first glance the systemd binaries seem quite large. Before diving into lots of optimization I wanted to ask
whether anybody has pointers we should follow or even experience using systemd for bare minimum images.

Cheers
Tino