[systemd-devel] persistent changes to the serial console

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Mar 30 04:34:08 PDT 2013

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 29/03/13 15:32 did gyre and gimble:
> On Fri, 29.03.13 13:29, Andrey Borzenkov (arvidjaar at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> serial-getty at .service is used only as template, and it looks like
>> getty-generator always links to (/usr)/lib/systemd:
>>
>>         from = strappend(SYSTEM_DATA_UNIT_PATH "/", fservice);
>>         to = strjoin(arg_dest,"/getty.target.wants/", tservice, NULL);
>>
>> It probably should use real unit path for fservice.
>
> Hmm, so actually even if you symlink like this, then /etc should
> override /lib, and the symlink destination path should only be used as
> last fallback. That's at least the theory, but there might be a bug
> somewhere... iirc there where problems with that, where aliases of
> autvt@ didn't get taken into account properly either... Something to
> look into definitely. Added to TODO list.

Hmm, is this changed behaviour from the past.

I remember you explaining to me a while back that templated units follow
the symlink and use that unit definition, unlike regular units which
just check the unit name. Didn't really ever like that logic, but such
was the way of things.

What you say above seems to suggest that in all cases the actual
destination of the symlink doesn't matter at all, it's purely the unit
name that counts. Is that the case?

Col

--

Colin Guthrie