[systemd-devel] %i/%I instance expansion in ExecStartPre ?

darx at sent.com darx at sent.com
Wed May 1 08:56:23 PDT 2013

hi zbigniew

On Wed, May 1, 2013, at 08:32 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 08:29:57AM -0700, darx at sent.com wrote:
> > Is %i/%I expansion in ExecStartPre possible? and/or have I misconfigured
> > something here?
> It's expressly forbidden to use specifiers in the binary name.

ok.

so, is there some other, clever way to use instances AND reference an
instance-specific ExecStartPre=... ?

i'm thinking maybe passing an instance expansion variable to a
statically-named script? something like

ExecStartPre=/etc/openvpn/up.general.script %I

?  Is *THAT* allowed (I'm looking in docs for the details of these
prohibitions ...)

> > systemctl --version
> > 	systemd 195
> > 	suse
> > 	+PAM +LIBWRAP +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +SYSVINIT +LIBCRYPTSETUP
> > 	+GCRYPT +ACL +XZ
> Newer versions will give you a nicer error message.

A newer version is, unfortunately, not available from my distro atm.  We
just recently made the 'leap' from v44 -> v195 ...

-darx