[systemd-devel] journalctl v202, loop endlessly

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Sun May 5 10:17:43 PDT 2013

Hello,

"journcalctl --no-pager" or" journalctl | cat" produce enless content
by looping accross journal entries. The date in lines restart from the
beginning when the end is reached.

I can reproduce the issue on 2 servers, both archlinux x86_64, linux
3.9, with systemd 202. One with a fs backend in btrfs, the other with
ext4.
I also have the same issue on my laptop (archlinux x86_64 linux 3.9).

The bug seems to not occur on my router box (archlinux i686 linux
3.8). I updated the kernel to 3.9 and issue still _not_ occur, so the
main difference is the architecture (32 vs 64bits)

journalctl --verify is correct on server with ext4 backend and with
some corruption on this with btrfs. Btw, the journal is corrupted on
the router box where the problem does not occur. So corruption doesn't
seems to be a prerequisite.

Calling "journalctl -e --no-pager" produce a without loop output everywhere.

On the host with invalid integrity, last lines are older than previous
lines (timestamp speaking). I guess the loop "is reached" but it's not
endless.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer