[systemd-devel] Any movement on adding a pid indicator for setroubleshoot to add to the journal entry.

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Tue May 7 05:22:30 PDT 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

> Really would like to be able to track an alert back to the causing pid.

You mean the:
  * introduce generic AUGMENT_PID=, AUGMENT_DEVICE= fields
item in the TODO list, right?

A facility that one process can submit information really belonging to
another one, to the journal. In your case the setroubleshoot PID logs
something about the apache service, and if we query the status of
apache we get that setroubleshoot logs along with the logs that
originated from apache, right?

How do we handle the trust here? Allow that "augmentation" only for
privileged processes?

Kay