[systemd-devel] Debugging systemd shutdown problem on openSuSE 12.3

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Mon May 13 06:50:41 PDT 2013

Am 13.05.2013 15:45, schrieb Andrey Borzenkov:
> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Rainer Krienke <krienke at uni-koblenz.de> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I i trouble on a openSuSE 12.3 system that is using autofs to mount
>> users home directories and other shares. The system basically works fine.
>>
>> When I try to shut down or reboot the system sometimes this works, but
>> most of the time the system terminates kdm and other processes (eg ssh
>> access no longer works then) but it won't reboot or turn power off in
>> case of shutdown.
>>

> Using openSUSE 12.3 as well.
>
> How long did you wait? I have the same symptom on my home notebook, it
> appears to hang on reboot but after some time (appr 1 - 2 minutes) it
> reboots.

I waited at least 5 minutes one time even an hour. It seems most
processes are beeing killed however something hangs. My guess was that
perhaps autofs is not terminated correctly which might cause hanging NFS
mounts, but this is only a guess because I cannot see what happens
inside systemd. Thats why I look for ways to find out more.

Thanks
Rainer
--
Rainer Krienke, Uni Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, A22, Universitaetsstrasse  1
56070 Koblenz, http://userpages.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke, Tel: +49261287 1312