[systemd-devel] Patch to show systemd & generators

Thomas H.P. Andersen phomes at gmail.com
Tue May 14 00:14:58 PDT 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Lennart Poettering
> <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 06.05.13 14:00, Umut Tezduyar (umut at tezduyar.com) wrote:
>>> Would you be interested in a patch that shows "Systemd + Generators" or
>>> maybe only "Generators"?
>>
>> Well, I guess it makes sense to show how much time is spent in the
>> generators and how much time is spent in systemd's own unit file loading
>> (especially given that the latter isn't particularly optimized yet...)
>
> Maybe also split out the SELinux loading as that seems to take a lot of time?
Maybe a general "Security loading" to also include the case of using
smack or ima?

In main.c we have this. We could get the start time right after
mount_setup_early and finish time after label_init?

if (!skip_setup) {
        mount_setup_early();
        if (selinux_setup(&loaded_policy) < 0)
                goto finish;
        if (ima_setup() < 0)
                goto finish;
        if (smack_setup() < 0)
                goto finish;
}

if (label_init(NULL) < 0)
        goto finish;

Umut, is this something you plan to work on? Otherwise I can prepare
some patches.