[systemd-devel] System units packaging and rpmlint

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue May 21 14:28:40 PDT 2013

Le lundi 20 mai 2013 à 19:58 -0700, T.C. Hollingsworth a écrit :
> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> > So I planned to warn if the unit are directly in /lib, but I know there
> > is some distribution that didn't choose this path yet. So when /usr is
> > not merged, what is the canonical location ( ie, for Opensuse, Mandriva,
> > since they are both rpm based ) ?
>
> Shouldn't rpmlint just make sure the spec uses "%{_unitdir}"?  Nothing
> except the systemd package should hardcode this directory.

Parsing spec is not something I will attempt
It cannot been done in a robust way ( or at least, wasn't last time I
looked ).

> (Or if the check has to be on the binary RPM side, just `rpm --eval
> '%_unitdir'` for the right location?)

I already do that, but I look in that directory to see if there is a
file for systemd ( I was using *.service, but since dbus use the same
suffix ). So by definition, i cannot detect out of that directory file
to warn about them ( unless for well know error like in /etc ).

--
Michael Scherer