[systemd-devel] syslog web page formatting error

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat May 25 06:13:36 PDT 2013

'Twas brillig, and Andrey Borzenkov at 25/05/13 05:16 did gyre and gimble:
> The page
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/syslog/ contains
>
> [[!format txt """ [Unit] Description=System Logging Service Requires=syslog.socket
>
> [Service] ExecStart=/usr/sbin/syslog-ng -n StandardOutput=null
>
> [Install] Alias=syslog.service WantedBy=multi-user.target """]]
>
> I guess this is not exactly what is intended.

This is due to the wiki conversion on freedesktop.org. I already fixed
up a few pages in PulseAudio and one or two on systemd.

Helpfully you can now do a git checkout, edit files locally and commit
them which helps. It's also easier to just use normal HTML in the wiki
now too which IMO just simplifies a few things.

It's also heavily cached, so if you use the "include" macros, and update
the included page, it may not always update the pages that include it...
will speak to fdo guys about that (don't think it will affect systemd).

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie