[systemd-devel] Linux kernel API

ScotXW shcsottrxw at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 4 13:54:26 PST 2013

Hi,

On 11/02/2013 12:15 AM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 12:05:23AM +0100, ScotXW wrote:

>>> Linux doesn't implement all of the POSIX api in the kernel, other
>>> portions of it are in other userspace pieces.
>>
>> Would you please name a couple beside the libc?
>
> Why, this is your research, not mine :)

This is //not// a recherche, I was looking for some fast answer from the
off the top of ones head. Besides the scheme, there is now an article [1].

Please do note, that I did distinguish between the "User-kernel API" and
the "in-kernel API", so don't even start.

Regards,
Scot

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel_API