[systemd-devel] Scheme: Linux startup process with systemd

ScotXW shcsottrxw at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 11:51:55 PST 2013

On 11/05/2013 01:06 AM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Tuesday 2013-11-05 00:19, ScotXW wrote:
>> On 11/05/2013 12:01 AM, Kay Sievers wrote:
>>> Most of this is just misleading, plain wrong or backwards. Systemd is
>>> not in-between the kernel and applications, especially not for the
>>> ones you listed.
>> [Yes is it]
>> Y-axes represents the time
>
> How screwed up is that. If (and only if) you have a time-based function
> graph, common sense is putting time on the horizontal
> x axis, and value of function on the vertical y one.

Ok, I (or anybody else, its GFDL + CC-BY-SA) could change that. Actually
I asked for some ideas for the numbers 1 to 8 here [1]. So much
knowledge here, and no concrete input?

> But your graphic is not showing progress, it is - what seems to be -
> showing a *timeless* diagram - like
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Netfilter-components.svg -
> of "how things are stacked".

You misunderstood my scheme. The scheme is about the start up process.

Regards,
ScotX

[1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Linux_startup_process_wip.svg