[systemd-devel] Future of Polkit & XML with kdbus

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Fri Nov 8 16:27:46 PST 2013

Hi folks,

Forgive me in advance if the underlying reasonings behind these
questions are a bit naive...

Will kdbus make use of polkit? If partially so, will it be feasible to
have a normal desktop system with systemd+kdbus that does not require
polkit? Will polkit play a smaller role going forward? Will it be
phased out in any way?

Perhaps tangentially related: will kdbus make use of dbus's current
xml definition files? Will all that xml somehow be a part of future
dbus situations?

More generally: can all the not-so-nice stuff go away with the kdbus?

Again, sorry for these ridiculous questions. I wish I could ask
something more direct.

Thanks,
Jason