[systemd-devel] Regression: systemd-logind failure after migration to internal dbus impl

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Nov 10 14:07:58 PST 2013

On Sat, 09.11.13 16:17, Oleksii Shevchuk (alxchk at gmail.com) wrote:

> > FYI, systemd-logind is still broken as for
> > 86198b2788e56fd05959c2dce670d1646bf99bcd.
> > Current symptoms: After leaving S3 logind doesn't sent notifications
> > about leaving sleep mode. Instead, it goes to failure state:
>
> So, the problem is: sd_event_run(m->event, us) at manager_run at login.c
> returns -114, and logind exits.
>
> Probably either logind should be more tolerant to such errors, or
> something should be fixed in systemd-bus code. Dunno what -114 means
> (EALREADY? wtf?)

Well, we try to be tolerant to some errors, and less so to others.

If an event handler of the event loop returns an error this is an
indication for the event loop to fail. In this case we simply passed on
an error where we shouldn't.

Anyway, this one should be fixed by 95056b27a05c527f4724b6c52abb2a7a69a3a5d0.