[systemd-devel] tree-wide conversion from libdbus to libsystemd-bus

Thomas H.P. Andersen phomes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 13:41:48 PST 2013

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 09.11.13 12:56, Thomas H.P. Andersen (phomes at gmail.com) wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:22 AM, Kay Sievers <kay at vrfy.org> wrote:
>> > On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Kay Sievers <kay at vrfy.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > [update]
>> >
>> > Simon, Zbigniew, Marc-Antoine you still work/plan to work on the stuff
>> > listed below? Please let us know.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Kay
>> >
>> > - loginctl
>> >   Peeters Simon: "I'll take ... (probably loginctl afterwards)"
>> >
>> > - pam_systemd
>> >   Zbigniew: I'll do pam_systemd
>> >
>> > - systemctl
>> >   Marc-Antoine Perennou: I've goy it nearly half finished by now,
>> >   should be done by next week end.
>> >
>> > - systemd
>> >   Lennart: I am going to work on systemd itself.
>>
>> Is the port of systemd started? I have I patch that highlights in the
>> plot how much of systemd's startup time is spent on setting up
>> security modules. It touches some parts in src/core. Should I wait
>> with the commit to avoid conflicting with the big sd-port commit?
>
> I plan to start working on porting PID 1 over tomorrow or so. But of
> course this will primarily focus only on the dbus bits, the rest should
> stay relatively stable anyway.
>
> Just because I have a bigger commit in the works other folks shouldn't
> stop commiting things, really...

The start/finish timestamps for the security setup are added to the
dbus interface so I knew that it would conflict. Anyway, I will commit
it tonight, thanks.

For the curious here is a few plots after with the extra info from
different computers/vm:
VM: https://people.gnome.org/~thomashpa/plots/vm.svg
SSD: https://people.gnome.org/~thomashpa/plots/ssd.svg
HDD: https://people.gnome.org/~thomashpa/plots/hdd.svg

The final patch uses the description "Setting up security module"
instead of just "Security".