[systemd-devel] systemd-networkd questions

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 08:31:01 PST 2013

Tom Gundersen (teg at jklm.no) said:
> Without criticizing any of the existing solutions, some of the things
> that motivated my interest in this is that I think we need: something
> easily configured via plain configuration files by a sysadmin,
> something that would take a limited amount of space (including its
> dependencies) so it could be reasonably used in an initrd, something
> which would be fast/efficient, so not e.g. calling out to external
> tools/daemons for stuff like dhcp/ipv4ll.

On this specific point... are you *sure* you want to be rewriting a
dhcp/dhcpv6 client?

(I ask, because we've gone through at least three over history here, and
dealing with the assorted corner cases between vendors and configuration
bits required would seem to make it one area not worth trying to reinvent.)

Bill